Monday, April 11, 2011

Tantrums

feeling a little bit off the last couple of weeks and it is obviously shown around here. i always blame it on the hormones. yes, female hormone is usually the culprit for this type of unexplained sudden mood switch. this is how we are wired from conception until we reach the age of 45 according to Louann Brizendine M.D author of this intriguing book The Female Brain. 

i am very familiar with this craziness and i know it will pass, but when i am in it, it's always a little harder than usual but i know I'll bounce back to my old giddy self soon. i'm just lucky i have a family who can always make me laugh especially my little one. and here i thought i had the worst sunget kid until i recently witnessed nicole's tantrums. as parents we all go through this and we eventually learn to handle it. this is the reason why with cheskas i am a little calmer. my eldest would often say i am spoiling her, and maybe unconsciously i have. i'm a hands on mom with my two eldest daughters when they were little, and look at them now, they are all grown up and soon they won't be needing me as much as they needed me when they were kids. soon they will have their own decisions to make. i won't be the "boss" in their lives anymore. the one who makes decisions for them like what clothes to wear, what movies to watch, what food to eat, the one who reminds them to do their chores before they can go out and hang out with friends. so dealing with my youngest daughter now i simply just want to enjoy her unique self - her ability to make me smile when she rolls her eyes while i try to explain and teach her something, her standard so-not-speaking-to-you attitude when she doesn't get what she wants because she can't boss me around and a few couple of tricks she learned to convince me to say YES (music to her ears). her little throw fits amuses me. adults throw tantrums too, and sometimes even worse. i have learned my lessons and i have so much control over my temper now. time is very fast. our little babies will magically grow up in our eyes and these funny, annoying temper tantrums will just be one of those memories we laugh and share over dinner one day.

so when your little brat throws a fit at you, never (ever!) be violent with them. breathe...
tantrums are a fact of life when you have kids. deal with it gracefully. i know i have.
First Grade 4th Honor .
Cheska was being stubborn and moody all because she didn't like her hair style.

i still find it adorably cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment